Monday 12 March 2007

teaching strategy 101

For ten minutes i have been thumping my chest and leaping in the air with my tongue out. Not common practice for a SN teacher but sometimes I find it helps vent frustration.

It also helps when in a couple of hours I will be teaching my kids to do the All Black haka. It's part of drama - we use it to look at how the Maori people use dance and expression to send out a message of passion, strength and unity. Anyway it's been a few years (and several stone) since I last performed a haka and I thought a bit of rehearsal was in order. Every little break I get I've been trying to remember the moves by practising them over and over again.

The thing is I forgot my room overlooks the Headmaster's study. I spotted him looking in this direction with a concerned expression. If he worried about my state of mind before...

No comments: