Monday 5 March 2012

Teaching the days of the week.

P31

I love my cleaner. I really do.

She takes the chaotic wilderness that is my classroom at the end of the day and turns it into an oasis of calm and order. She makes my board shine as if it has never been used. She even writes the following day's date in the corner so I won't have to bother in the morning.

She has taught me things I thought I'd never know about cultures I never thought I'd know about. She has impressed me with her knowledge of current fitness regime trends, capital cities of the world and recipes involving broccoli.

She is beautiful, caring and deeply complex - a fascinating human being.

I love her dearly - and I know that English isn't her first language - but I do wish she would learn how to spell Tuesday.

No comments: