Thursday 7 August 2008

i'm so proud

sorri.  out of order
This photo makes me want to cry. I don’t know which is worse – the basic spelling error or the fact that they felt it was appropriate to put a smiley face on a sign apologising for a errant service. It’s almost as if they are saying “We’re very sorry for your inconvenience – but really we’re not – actually we find it rather amusing – right now we’re watching you dancing with a screaming bladder on our CCTV – it’s hilarious.”

No, the worst thing about it is that I took the photo at a filling station in an area where I’ve been teaching English – obviously I have failed.

On the upside I’ve just noticed that I am in the photo and for a change I don’t hate it.

Loving the hair.

3 comments:

Lana Banana said...

i don't know about ireland, but here in southern california, we have a lot of graffiti . . . A LOT.

and i'm sort of over it now, EXCEPT for the horrendous spelling, which just gets under my skin like nothing else. i mean, not like i'm the spelling or grammar god, lord only knows, BUT sweet baby bush, would it be too much to ask that if someone is going to tag up an entire city they at least properly spell what they're saying.

after all, how will they ever get across their message of hate by spelling hate "hayt" . . . and it seems like more people might believe in brown power if brown wasn't spelled "broun".

maybe i'm just nitpicking . . .

Mr C said...

ask them to spell 'graffiti'
that would be interesting. I'd like to see their reaction - I may like to see it from behind something - like a huge transparent wall.

Lana Banana said...

umm, maybe i should learn to use question marks? bah! that's hardly a spelling mistake . . .

(anyway, it's what i get for making fun of taggers and french people.)