Saturday 2 August 2008

terrible twos

It was two years ago that I first set this up.

I wanted to think about all the things that have changed in those two years – but I really struggled. The war in Iraq still rages, Labour are still in power here, the US President is still a Republican, I still job-hop to Olympic standards, China is still an evil dictatorship who won’t add job-hopping to the Olympics, I am still saving for that deposit on a home I will never be able to afford, I still spend more on coffee than most people spend… well, on deposits for their homes. No, the last two years haven’t been the most monumental – well, as far as my life goes anyway.

I know there are people out there who have had life changing events in the past twenty-four months. I have friends who got married, friends who lost loved ones, friends who got new careers, friends who bought homes, friends who sold homes and bought boats, heck I have a brother who is now a father and can you get more life changing than that? But for me, looking at it as I do from the bottom of my coffee mug, life goes on as was.

The next two years will undoubtedly change that. I would be very surprised if I am writing an entry with a similar theme in 2010. If I do you have my permission to stop reading the new entries and just re-read some of the old ones from 2006 instead.

No comments: