Friday 25 February 2011

writing takes time... and preparation... and time

I started back at fiction writing today. It's been ages and I needed to get back into the way of it. It's not that I have anything pressing to write about - I am lacking inspiration as much today as I was in dry mode yesterday.

When I was teaching more regularly I tended to set assignments that I wanted to do myself - that way I got to write a short story "as an example piece." I feel I may have mentioned that before one time - See how lacking originality I am right now? Rehashing earlier posts.

Anyway, for a short time there I forgot just how much I love the whole writing thing and it's about time I got back to doing what I love - even if I do churn out a lot of old dross warming up.

When I say "started" writing - of course you know I mean I took out an old notebook, ruled a few margins, covered it in vinegar and brown paper, reinforced the corners and the spine, gave it a splash proof second covering, stuck a few blank post-its in random pages, re-ruled a few of the margins... you knew that though. As soon as I find a suitable pen I'll begin.

3 comments:

Lana Banana said...

mr. c, my dear, you are one of THE most amazing storytellers i know.

a male scheherazade.

i love listening to your tales. LOVE it.

so, here's hoping you find a suitable pen. and QUICK.

Mr C said...

and as it happens she and I have related motives for story telling

Lana Banana said...

your husband is threatening to kill you?

you told me you are straight!

i knew it was weird for you to be so into fashion . . .