Friday 29 June 2007

I've travelled each and every corridor; and more, much more than this...

So, this is it. I feel like breaking into a rendition of "My Way" but Frank Sinatra I ain't. Today I made my speech (lasted all of 25 seconds) picked up my wine and sauntered out the door.

Then I came in again to pack up my stuff. Many thanks to all of you... sorry, both of you, who came up with suggestions for a new name. Between you I had quite a selection to choose from. Some too rude to print, some downright nasty, some a tad unsympathetic ("The Thoughts of an Unemployed Special Needs Teacher" - thanks for that one Mr Mulligan) and some just plain odd. I was discussing the issue with a colleague a few days ago.

Oh, the Special Needs bit refers to your role in the school? I just assumed it was a comment on you personally. I thought you were just trying to be funny by describing yourself as special needs. If I were you I'd leave it - It describes you perfectly.
And so I'm leaving it. Not because of her, frankly soul destroying, advice; nor because most of the suggestions you offered were, frankly, pitiful; but because I am too darn lazy to even think about doing a redesign at the moment. Keep thinking up suggestions - maybe someday you'll offer one that makes me go - hmmm.

No comments: