Wednesday 19 September 2007

smile please

Finally. It took a couple of weeks and some frantic phone calls to the delivery firm but finally my new camera arrived. For over a month I scrimped and saved; I sold all my old photography stuff on ebay, (as well as an old camcorder, computer stuff and anything else I spotted lying about) but now it has arrived it was worth it. My new Canon EOS 400D.

I fell in love instantly. I'd done research of course - looked at a range of digital SLRs (mostly well out of my price range) - so I knew it reviewed well. Because it's a Canon EOS I knew my old lenses would fit it and parts and accessories will be readily available. But that first moment when I held it in my hand and felt the weight of it, when I powered it up and looked through the viewfinder for the first time, when I squeezed that shutter... I love that camera.

Of course, it begs the question - if that's my new camera on my knee, and I sold the old one on ebay... what am I using to take the photo of it?

No comments: