Thursday 20 September 2007

supermarket sweep

There must be some sort of record for what I managed tonight.
After fiddling round with the camera I bought yesterday I decided that I should get some memory so I could actually take some photos. This realisation occurred quite suddenly (as my decisions are apt to do) and there and then I decided to go and buy some.
The problem being that it was fourteen minutes before closing time for the supermarkets in Coleraine.
In seconds I was in my car and on route to the nearest stop - Asda.
Those five miles seemed like an eternity as I overtook a multitude of tractors and learner drivers (always sticking to the speed limit of course) but I got there in good time and began searching the electronics section for Compactflash. Of course they keep the Compactflash in the seasonal goods section - where else would they keep them? They had cards but all on the small side.
So back in the car, across the Bann to Sainsbury's. They don't keep memory cards in their electronic section either; they keep them in those little miscellaneous bits at the end of aisles. They were sold out of CF so it was back in the car and across the Bann again to Tesco's.
They keep their memory cards in their electronic section - but they don't sell CF cards. They sell mulitiple sizes of multiple brands of every other format under the sun - but not a single Compactflash card.
So it was back in the car once more and across town to Asda again. Back through the electronics section, past the clothes on route to the seasonal goods. Behind the small cards I found a decent sized one that I was happy with, bought it and was out the door as they locked it behind me.
Four supermarkets in 14 minutes. Never again.

No comments: