Friday 27 October 2006

forgive me

Apologies to both of my readers for the unscheduled break in transmission. This was caused by necessary maintenance to an unexpected fault on the line. Oh, and I had a wee touch of the flu.
Nothing serious – I was still going to work, passing on my germs to countless kids in the hope that an 87% pupil absence rate forces the school to add a couple of extra days to the half term break.
Having said that, the thought of turning on a computer and looking at that flickering screen for all but the most life/career threatening purposes made my stomach heave in a most unsettling manner.
So you’ll excuse me – I know you will – I know that you are the kind of discerning reader who would rather wait a few days than have to scrape vomit off your screen before reading. And for that I thank you.

No comments: