Monday 23 April 2007

my ideal woman

Finally I have found my ideal woman. Reading the media section of today’s Independent I couldn’t get over how the BBC’s Kate Silverton checked practically all my boxes.For those who haven’t had the pleasure, Silverton is a presenter on BBC News 24, although I think the first time I saw her was during a report on Panorama. I can’t remember what the topic was (something about Babies I think) but I do remember thinking that she had great taste in eye wear when I next saw her reading the news.


Today Kate was the subject of ‘My Life in the Media’ and I learned that she read The Daily Mail as a teenager because her parents bought it – so did I, so did mine. She now reads The Independent – ditto – as well as dipping into The Sun, The Mirror, The Guardian – there are two of us! It turns out that she loves listening to Rhod Sharp on Up All Night – by far the best night show and by far the best night time presenter in my opinion. Although I get the impression that while I’m falling asleep listening to Rhod interview some rather odd New York cabbie she is waking up to him.




It seems Radios 4 and 5 pervade her daily life – enough for me to consider a proposal of marriage on its own. And she does a load of work for charity; she lists building schools in Africa as something she would like to do if she wasn’t involved in the media – obviously a thoroughly pleasant woman.


I have to tell you Kate has set a new standard in my search for the ideal partner – although her taste in blue/green outfits is definitely causing me concern.

No comments: