Wednesday 19 November 2008

the beginning, revisited

It will mean very little to you I'm sure but it's finally done. Six months ago I accidentally hit delete and lost this blog.

So what, you may say. Well, you're actually right. In the grand scheme of things it's hardly life changing. All around us wars are being fought or are on the verge of being fought; countries are in recession; people are losing their jobs - and I'm worried that I lost two years of trivial, introspective monologue.

But it really annoyed me. Sure life would have gone on. Some may even suggest that the enforced clean slate could be seen in a positive light. Just yesterday I was having a conversation with someone about how I prefer to create new stories rather than revelling in the nostalgia that keeping a blog or a journal allows.

I believe that - but I was still a little annoyed that it had gone. And so I was relieved that I found a way of rebuilding it. In much the same way as a historian records every stone in a building before removing them one by one, transporting them, and rebuilding again in a new location - actually not really like that at all but we'll go with the allusion anyway, it sounds grand - I replaced each entry.

And now it is done. I uploaded entry #1 just a couple of minutes ago. They are there, where they are meant to be. Not that I intend to sit and read them again anyway - but it's nice knowing they're there.

No comments: