Tuesday 21 November 2006

100 not out

This is my 100th post. Monumental I know. Some people celebrate religious festivals, some personal anniversaries, some famous moments in history... somewhere out there I like to think that there are some web geeks cracking open a Dr Pepper in honour of the centenary special needs post. I know how unlikely that is, but I can dream.
There is, as usual, a problem. This post should be special, it should be worthy of its status, it should be memorable, it should be the post to end all posts... but I can't think of anything to write. Total mental block. Creative tank running on empty. Imagination systems failure.

In the past three months I've written posts - sometimes cliched, sometimes facetious, sometimes humiliating - but I've always thought of something to say. Today I apologise, I am spent. 100 posts, 3 months, 35,346 words - and I've run out.

I was reading a blog the other day - I wish I could remember the address, but I can't, sorry - where the author had decided that his readers have had a great time reading his writing and should start paying to support him. He put a link to paypal along with the rational that he had written so many words which equated to two novels which would cost about $12. After looking at my bank balance I like this idea. Now, including character names, the screenplay of Heathers comes to 15,123 words. So, in essence I've written twice as much as Daniel Waters did in 1988. On Amazon.com the DVD (THX version - not the special box set, I'm not greedy) retails at $10.99 - which would work out at $25 if he wrote as much as me.

I take personal cheques and most major credit cards - thank you.

No comments: