Sunday 12 November 2006

the song in full


I said I'd think about putting our performance here for your critical appraisal - I hmmed and hahhed but I think the recording quality is adequately low to hide most of our major errors. And this time the microphone was far enough away from me - so here it is - better late than never (as the actress said to the special needs teacher):

I will sing.mp3

It's always odd after a performance of something, be it a song or a play or a film or anything, that you've spent time preparing. I'm kind of glad I don't ever have to hear it again, and glad to have a break from rehearsals - but there's a slight touch of regret that it's all over. More so with plays than with songs. I'm not that much of a sentamentalist - I don't get all teary about saying goodbye to 'an old friend', I move on without too much bother - but I do feel a little sad for an hour or two. It's ok with films - you still have the footage to remind you (until someone moves to london and takes it with him)

No comments: