Thursday 14 September 2006

boats, cell phones and smooisunderstandings.

Does it make me really sad that the text messages I received mistakenly made my day today? Yeah, I thought so:

Hey baby, how you doing? An in airport. Wasn't too bad but i'm knackered! I miss you and love you so much baby. Will let you know when we get there. Big hug! Xx

They obviously weren't too concerned that their 'baby' couldn't even respond to a simple text message:

Hey baby. Finally got to the boat and unpacked everything! We're now trying to find somewhere to moore up for the night, but it's been very busy! The weather is beautiful. I really wish you were here to see this place, it's amazing! I miss you baby! Just gonna have a little snooze, them will write more. I love you baby! Your smoo x x x x x

This time they must have become suspicious - no response even after 5 xs. I sent a reply pointing out that I wasn't 'baby' but that I was pleased the boat trip was going well and I wished them a pleasant holiday:

Awfully sorry about that. Rather embarrassing! Have found the right number so you won't be getting any more strange texts from strangers :-)

It was with twinges of regret that I read that - I was getting quite used to the strange text messages from strangers. Still I can always do the honorable thing and delete the messages without embarrassing the poor man/woman further. Or I can post them on the internet - toughie.

No comments: