Sunday 10 September 2006

me? A wesleyan?

I did a quick test to see my theological leanings - I've been worried that my love of statues and dancing in the moonlight was somewhat against my Presbyterian roots. I duly answered a few dozen questions as honestly as I could and came up with a result.
82% leaning towards Wesleyan Evangelicalism. Odd.
Even more odd is that Fundamentalist came in a not too distant second. I must point this out to the fellow members of the choir (who all think I'm a bleeding heart liberal) this morning.
A Wesleyan - hmm - Is that why I was drawn to carrying out the year 8 cognitive abilities tests in the Methodist hall opposite the school rather than the Presbyterian hall next door. Actually I see now why I've been named a closet Methodist - 'Liberal Presbyterian with Baptist tendancies and the odd urge to raise a hand while singing' isn't one of the options.
You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 82%
Fundamentalist 71%
Neo orthodox 61%
Emergent/Postmodern 54%
Reformed Evangelical 54%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 50%
Classical Liberal 46%
Modern Liberal 43%
Roman Catholic 39%

You can find out how you rate by clicking this link

No comments: