Sunday 3 September 2006

castles in the sky

Another song from Ivana Hill - This one called Castles in the Sky (not the Ian Van Dahl version though - I'm not a big Ian Van Dahl fan in all honesty) This time the said castles are seen in a slightly more positive light.

I asked Ivana if she wrote the music and lyrics for all her songs - She said that she didn't write them, she received them. Wouldn't that be a great way to be, rather than being closed off by all the things we surround ourselves with, being open to receive. Maybe take a moment out of whatever it is you're doing (I'm guessing surfing the internet) and listen, and receive. It's better to receive...

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
John 14:2

Castles in the Sky
by Ivana Hill
Standin' round the corner singin' whatever comes into my head
and wondering just where it is you might be from kid.
Have you seen the world far and near or did you grow up just round the corner here?
Did you ever dream of castles in the sky?
Wander picking daisies by and by?
Did you dream of anywhere - but here?
Well I've never been in this town before and I'm not quite sure
if it's me your smile is for; or if I came to your window later tell me
would you open up your door so we could talk of castles in the sky.
Writing lyrics beneath the moonlight. We could talk of anywhere - but here.
Cause you've got a look in your eye like you know what it's like to be free;
and you've got a light in your smile; how I love when you're smiling at me.
I know that somewhere in your heart is the truth that sets my spirit free.
We could build our castle in the sky.
Chillin' with the angels way up high.
We could travel anywhere - and here.
Come and build your castle in the sky.
Chillin' with my Jesus way up high.
We could travel anywhere - and here.

© Ivana Hill, music & lyrics

No comments: