Wednesday 13 September 2006

when did the 90s hit again?

A bunch of 6th Years are sitting in the library comparing ringtones - but gone are the days of the annoying frog thing. Gone even are the manufactured bands and X factor finalists. In their place are artists from the 80s and 90s. Queen, Hansen, Tracy Chapman, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi, Toploader, Rusted Root. I can hear all of them and picture the tragic clothes I was wearing at the school discos where I first heard them. It both disturbs and impresses me. The fact that I know all of these songs from the first time round seems to raise my credibility levels. For a change.

I wonder would Freddy Mercury smile at the fact that on what would have been around his sixtieth he is still the artist of choice for the discerning A-level student.

I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouche, scaramouche will you do the fandango-Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening

That'll be stuck in my head for the rest of the week - thanks a lot!

No comments: