Wednesday 6 September 2006

we're not Brazil, we're Norn Iron

Congratulations to Northern Ireland - I'm typing this with 4 minutes left of a game against Spain - We're leading 3-2 but even if [Oh! great save Taylor!!!] they lose 4-3 it'll be the result of the year.
England only managed 1-0 against Macedonia? Scotland 2-1 against Lithuania - If this stays the same for a few more minutes I think we can claim to be champions of Britain - for a few days anyway. Crouch could only manage one, Healy has scored a hat trick - three goals against one of the best teams in the world - I think that makes him Britains best striker - for a few days anyway...
...until he returns, with the rest of his countrymen to the lower leagues and Crouch and Terry etc resume collecting wages in the premiership.
This is what makes this game so great. I'm so proud I could burst. Spain are in the top 7 in the world. If I was a betting man I could have got 11-1 on a Northern Irish victory [Another great save!!!]
30 seconds - and I know I'm not being very lucid. The 90 minutes are up. Into injury time.
three minutes of injury time - this is torture!
Spain are throwing everything at us.
1 minute left! It has to be... please let it be. I haven't felt like this since we beat England...
thirty seconds... it's a corner! no, a goal kick,
surely that's the end...
We won! WE WON!!! We won!
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland
But It's all the same to me!
I'll make more sense tomorrow - I promise.

No comments: