Saturday 26 August 2006

music while you...

Browsing the internet for an mp3 player I can't actually afford until I get paid again sometime mid-October I came across a common issue with such devices. It turns out they have a worrying affinity with toilet water. The little blighters apparently like nothing better than to jump off the side of the sink as you're brushing you teeth while listening to Nina Simone and dive into the murky depths of your toilet bowl. There are web pages devoted to this and how you can go about rescuing and resuscitating your little white music buddy if the worst happens.

Now personally I'm inclined to believe the best solution to this is - DON'T BRING YOUR IPOD INTO THE BATHROOM. But I am obviously not seeing the big picture - looking outside the fishbowl - seeing a problem as an opportunity - or any other similar management speak.

Luckily there are people out there who have put their minds to solving this desparate situation and have created not one but two items you can purchase for moments like this. The first is the rescue package - a long plastic rod with which you can bring the lost item out of the water without plunging your hand in. The second is a preventative measure - you don't have to perch your beloved on the edge of anything if you use this delightful Ipod - dock - and - toilet - roll - dispenser - in -one.

iCarter iPod Toilet RollThose clever folk from the US have put their heads together and come up with the iCarter iPod Toilet Roll. This device will keep your iPod safe while you do your business - but it will do so much more. Integrated moisture free speakers (2 tweetor and 2 woofers) provide great quality sound and remove the need to be wired up to the device, the dock will recharge your batteries while it plays... oh, and it even dispenses toilet paper for when you're finished. Can anyone want for more?

For anything between £50 and £75 this little item could be yours. Take a look at what one happy customer had to say:
I've got to admit my first reaction was to laugh. But when my wife suggested I sit on my throne and listen to Ravel's Bolero I knew she was on to something.
This iPod Toilet roll is actually FANTASTIC in my bathroom. Those long hot soaks in the tub became a whole lot more soothing with my favorite music playing in the background. Some visits it's "Splish Splash I Was Taken A Bath" and at other times "The Long And Lonesome Road" seems more appropriate. I'll let you figure out how I match my activity to the song. Anyway, I've really enjoyed this well made, well designed, beautiful iPod docking station. And what a conversation piece. I'm hear to tell you nothing in my house can top it!
If you want one, need one, have t'have one NOW. Pop over to Ipod World and be one of the first to own one when it's released in the uk. Maybe you could come up with a list of music you could listen to while... well, you know, in the comments. As for me, part of me is disturbed by this and the other part really wants one. But I don't own an Ipod so it doesn't matter.

No comments: